What to Wear - FALL photography session in Birmingham, AL
Your session is booked and, if you're like me, you're already thinking about what you're going to wear. Should you go with a fancier or more laid back outfit. Should you wear jewelry? What color scheme should you choose?
My location choices and editing styles work really well with neutrals. Creams and tans, light browns, pinks, lighter blues and grays are all great choices.
Don't be afraid to dress up and have the Christmas card that turns heads.
Want me to style you?
Simply send me your color choices and a few items you may already have on hand. I will hand pick clothing and email you links to purchase.
Want to style yourself. Use these quick tips to help you make decisions.
1. Start with 1-2 colors and add in neutrals. Lighter colors and neutrals work well with my editing style.
Not a neutrals fan? Mix in creams and greys with Fall colors to give your images a pop.
Avoid bright colors on top like red and orange as they can cast color on to your skin.
2. Limit Patterns - 1 or 2 small prints are great. Large prints and stripes are distracting.
3. Layers are a great way to add texture and interest.
Men and boys
1. Say no to logos and graphics.
2. Blend socks with pants and choose shoes that won't stand out.
Women and girls
1. Flowy dresses are very figure flattering and adding movement to your images can take an image from "pretty" to "wow."
2. Accessories are great way to add little pops of color and texture.
3. Don't forget about comfort. Think about how your clothing lays on you in different positions. Does your dress/shirt get too tight or bunch up in all the wrong areas.
I am always on hand to look at items you've chosen and let you know how I think they will work together.